Understanding different integration flows
There are different solutions available to collect money from customers using SimplePin's API. To better understand how to integrate our API to your system, please take a look at the following options first:
CASE 1. Tracking all invoices and transactions under one company entity
If you are integrating for your own company or a limited number of companies and do not require multiple Company accounts created on the fly, you can simply create and validate SimplePin accounts, obtain API tokens and start using our API. The integration flows in this case will be simple:
1. Obtain API tokens from admin tools of SimplePin
2. Authorize every API call with token
3. Make sure that there is a Customer in the SimplePin database and if it does not exist, create/update one.
4. Make sure that there is an invoice in the database. If it does not exist, create/update one.
5. During the invoice creation process, specify if you want SimplePin to send a payment link (you can also send a payment link yourself)
CASE 2. Tracking invoices and transactions under different Company entities
If your solution requires the creation of segregated accounts so that all of your invoices and transactions are separated and automated, then you've come to the right place. Please keep in mind, that for this to work, you'll need to become a partner of SimplePin. In order to become a partner you should send a request using our contact us form. The integration flows in this case will have additional steps:
1. Make sure that there is a Company in SimplePin's database. If it does not exist, then create/update one.
2. When a Company is created, you will be provided with API tokens
3. Authorize every API call with tokens
4. Make sure that there is a Company in SimplePin's database. If it does not exist, then create/update one
5. Make sure that there's an invoice in the database. If it does not exist, create/update one
6. During the invoice creation process, specify if you want SimplePin to send a payment link (you can also send a payment link yourself)
CASE 3. Widget integration. On-portal solution
If you have an online portal and would like to initiate a payment request without sending an email to a Customer, you can do so by calling the API call getPaymentForm. The API call will provide you with a unique URL of iFrame which will include all payment options. Note that the URL will expire in 30 minutes.
In this case, your integration steps will look exactly the same as in all other cases. The only difference in this case is that you have to specify in your addInvoice call that you do not want to send the invoice to a Customer.
SimplePin supports a scenario where a Company account is created on the fly. Follow this case to implement the account creation within SimplePin.
First time Request Payment on Quote Completion.
This case covers the situation when the Agent prepares the quote and initiates a payment request for the first time.
Request of Payment Status
This case covers a possible situation where an Agent requests a status update on the payment previously requested. It is assumed that the policy and the invoiceNumber from SimplePin is stored in an external system already.
Payment widget integration for on-portal solutions
This case covers the situation when customer pays the the invoice on an external portal.