An invoice is a document issued by a company indicating the line items, quantities, and prices for products or services the company is providing to a customer. When an invoice is initiated using SimplePin, the record representing that invoice is listed under the section invoices > list in the left menu.
When a customer initiates payment for an invoice, you will see the invoice status reflected in the table.
Here is a detailed list of all columns in this report:
# - Represents the invoice number. It is always unique.
Account holder - Name of the customer on the invoice.
Amount - Amount on the invoice without the associated fees.
Invoice date - Date when the invoice was registered in your general ledger account.
Due date - Last payment noticed date when this invoice should be paid
Charge type Could be one of the following:
- Customer - is a transaction associated with a one-time invoice where the customer has to manually enter payment information on the payment form.
- Preauthorized - is a transaction associated with a preauthorized invoice where your customer wasn't required to interact with the payment form.
- Payment plan (A,B,C) - An invoice with multiple payment plan options where the customer chooses between plan A, plan B, or plan C.
- Payment plan (B) - An invoice with multiple payment plan options where the customer chose to pay using plan B.
Charge date - The date when the last charge occurred, or when the charge will occur for preauthorized invoices.
Sent times - The number of times that an invoice has been sent to the customer.
Opened - The number of times that the payment link has been opened by the customer.
Status of the invoice - Shows where your invoice is within the payment process. Here's a complete list of all statuses:
- Draft - The invoice is being prepared, but has not yet been sent to the customer and isn't accessible for payment.
- Sent - The invoice has been sent to a customer but has not yet been paid.
- Reopened - The invoice was opened after being sent to the customer, but is currently being updated and is not yet available for payment.
- Cancelled - The invoice was cancelled by the issuing company. Do not expect any payments.
- Paid-CARD - A one-time invoice was paid using a credit or debit card.
- Paid-BANK - A one-time invoice was paid using a bank account.
- Paid-CARD (X/Y) / Paid-BANK (X/Y) - The invoice allows multiple payments, and the customer paid an amount on instalment X out of total instalments Y.
- Refunded-CARD / Refunded-BANK - The refund on this particular invoice was initiated.
A SimplePin transaction is an event triggered by payment of an invoice. When a customer pays an invoice, SimplePin incurs additional fees (e.g. EFT, ACH, Debit/Credit card charges or international card charges).
To see the history of transactions associated with your invoices, please click on the Transactions item in the left menu. For any given invoice paid through the SimplePin platform, you might see different types of entries. Here is a detailed list of all the columns in this report:
# - Represents a unique transaction ID in the system.
Invoice # - Represents a unique invoice ID.
Charge type - Could be one of the following:
- Customer - is a transaction associated with a one-time invoice where the customer had to manually enter payment information on the payment form.
- Preauthorized - is a transaction associated with a preauthorized invoice where the customer wasn't required to interact with the payment form.
- Payment plan (X/Y) - is a transaction associated with an invoice that allows multiple payments where the customer paid an amount on instalment X out of total instalments Y.
- Cross-border - is a transaction associated with an invoice paid using an international card (e.g. a Canadian customer is paying an invoice amount to a Canadian company using a US credit card).
Deposit - This column indicates the status of the transaction in the clearance process. In Canada, there are different clearance times for credit/debit cards and bank account/EFT transactions. The settlement for credit/debit cards is 5 business days and for EFT it is 24 hours. The following status is based on where your transaction took place.
- Not available - Indicates that the transaction was initiated, but funds are not yet available for deposit as clearance is still in progress.
- Available - Indicates that funds are available for deposit, but have not yet been deposited into a company bank account.
- DEPNNN - Indicates that funds have been deposited or applied to a deposit. NNN normally represents the deposit number.
Account holder - Name of the customer on the invoice
Amount - Indicates the amount of an invoice without any fees associated with the transaction.
Fees - Indicates credit/debit card or EFT/ACH fees associated to a transaction.
Total - Indicates the invoice amount + credit/debit card or EFT/ACH fees associated to a transaction.
Initiated on - Indicates when this transaction was initiated.
Type - Either card (credit/debit) or bank (EFT, ACH).
Status - Will be one of the following:
- Success - The transaction was processed successfully.
- Failed - There was an error during the payment process.
- Pending - The bank transaction has been initiated and we are waiting for an acknowledgement from the bank upon successful funds transfer.
Want to know more about SimplePin? Call our toll free number: 1 800 727-4136. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us through our website at simplepin.com/contact-us or request a demo with one of our product specialists.