DevOps EngineerApply Now
We are now looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our technical team in Montreal.
If you thrive on challenges and seek growth, then we want you on our team! Our environment is built on trust, openness, and growth. We offer great opportunities, flexible hours, work-from-home and a fantastic vacation package.
Is responsible for defining, maintaining and supporting development and deployment processes, system design and security of the SimplePin's systems. The DevOps engineer is responsible for, but not limited to,
Duties, responsibilities and tasks
Act as technical lead on SimplePin technology strategy, including developing and executing the technology roadmap. Evolve and enhance our core SimplePin application
Develop and document standards for all SimplePin's applications and platforms. This should include detailed build procedures and configurations.
Working with the other technical teams ensure that architectural diagrams and artifacts are developed and maintained for all core technology applications and platforms.
- Conduct regular design and engineering review sessions for new technology implementations as well as technology upgrades. Establish standards for information and tools that are required for these design sessions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to application designs and tools.
- Maintain and improve existing systems, including upgrades and security patching. Monitoring to make sure no errors or performance issues occurs.
- Educate, guide, and interact with our technical staff throughout their development and integration efforts.
- Collaborate with application support to analyze, troubleshoot, reproduce, and resolve production issues reported by customers.
- Lead release planning and deployment activities, deploy application modifications into production environments. Plan, implement and support continuous integration processes.
- Innovate and improve development and implementation processes and tools by advocating technologies and designs that promote efficiency, reliability, and reusability.
- Responsible for day to day IT operational tasks, system administration, including access control across all internal systems and applications hosted externally.
- Work closely with System Architect on architectural design to assure highest security, application performance and scalability.
- Responsible for supporting a 24/7 coverage model with on call responsibilities.
- Responsible for establishing backup policies and procedures related to applications and platforms.
- Responsible for monitoring of CORE applications.
- With Security Officer and System Administrator perform regular internal security audits, prepare documentation in support external security audit requests.
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
- Perform technical investigation of customer support issues and provide resolution.
- Perform technical research and present innovative solutions which contribute to company success.
- Ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within defined timeframes and allocated budgets.
- Ensure all personal deliverables are done with highest level of quality.
- Track time and deliver time-sheets on weekly basis.
- Assist in improving our business processes.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills, competencies and qualifications
- 5+ years software engineering and IT experience as well of financial services experience, preferably in large scale environments with many different technologies, supporting multiple business lines.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science.
- Broad knowledge of architecture domains, including: Application, Infrastructure, Data, Information Security, and Enterprise Architecture.
- Previous experience as a hands-on technologist, building and supporting solutions across multiple technology domains, including application development, data, or infrastructure roles.
- Ability to define system requirements, design, build, and test solutions.
- Extensive experience in system and network creation, software development and security.
- Experience using software best practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures.
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications.
- Practiced continuous improvement and promoted knowledge sharing.
- Strong organizational skills, capable of managing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and writing skills.
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development.
- Experience with project management, including AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Multi-tasking capabilities with ability to adjust to paced environment.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from technical management.
- Attention to details.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in Unix Operation Systems with experience in Linux / Bash scripting.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, security, SSL, SSH.
- Extensive experience with AWS. (GCE, Azure is a plus).
- Experience in Core Java, J2EE, and Java frameworks such as Spring, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of ITIL foundation with practical application.
- Understanding of MVC frameworks, OOD, Design Patterns, Testing frameworks.
- String understanding of XML technologies and Web services.
- Database design and development with practical knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL; and cryptography and security.
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, store procedures.
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks.
- Experience with Apache and NGINX configuration.
- Extensive experience with container orchestration services such as Docker platform (understanding of Kubernetes is a plus).
- Knowledge of Atlassian products, including JIRA, Confluence and Service desk.
- Understanding of SOAP, experience with RESTful, JQuery, JSON other APIs.
- Practical knowledge of development and build tools such as Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Ant, Gradle etc.).
- Practical knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Experience with PHP technology.
- Understanding of CMS Drupal.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods.
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium.
- Experience with financial math is a plus.
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Software design and development