System AdministratorApply Now
We are now looking for a System Administrator to join our technical team in Montreal.
If you thrive on challenges and seek growth, then we want you on our team! Our environment is built on trust, openness, and growth. We offer great opportunities, flexible hours, work-from-home and a fantastic vacation package.
Is responsible for maintaining and supporting development processes, day-to-day maintenance and repairs, including software and computer installations and upgrades, routine automation, security maintenance, troubleshooting, training, and technical support for all users and projects of the SimplePin. The System Administrator is responsible for, but not limited to,
Duties, responsibilities and tasks
- Working with the other technical teams ensure that architectural diagrams and artifacts are developed and maintained for all core technology applications, infrastructure, and security systems and platforms.
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to network infrastructure, systems and tools.
- Maintain and improve existing systems, including upgrades and security patching. Monitoring to make sure no errors or performance issues occurs.
- Participate in release planning and deployment activities, deploy application modifications into production environments.
- Responsible for day to day IT operational tasks, system administration, including access control across all internal systems and applications hosted externally.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of technology tools used at SimplePin.
- Work closely with System Architect on architectural design to assure highest security, application performance and scalability.
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management.
- Responsible for supporting a 24/7 coverage model with on call responsibilities.
- Responsible for establishing backup policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring of all systems and tools.
- Perform regular internal security audits, prepare documentation in response to external security audit requests.
- Maintaining all the software and hardware in relation to security.
- Perform activities related to threat intelligence.
- Implementing new security solutions to better protect the organisation.
- Conducting proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Ensure all personal deliverables are done with highest level of quality.
- Track time and deliver time-sheets on weekly basis.
- Assist in improving our business processes.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills, competencies and qualifications
- 5+ years software engineering and IT experience, preferably in large scale environments with many different technologies, supporting multiple business lines.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science.
- Broad knowledge of architecture domains, including: Application, Infrastructure, Data, Information Security, and Enterprise Architecture.
- Previous experience as a hands-on technologist, building and supporting solutions across multiple technology domains, including application development, data, or infrastructure roles.
- Ability to define system requirements, design, build, and test solutions.
- Understanding of best practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Experience with project management, including AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall.
- Extensive experience in system and network creation, software development and security.
- Extensive experience in creation and maintaining enterprise level mail systems.
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications.
- Capable of managing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Multi-tasking capabilities with ability to adjust to paced environment.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from technical management.
- Attention to details.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Expert level and proficiency in Unix Operation Systems with experience in Linux / Bash scripting.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, security, SSL, SSH.
- Experience supporting large corporate networks using remote desktop access tools.
- Extensive experience with AWS. (GCE, Azure is a plus).
- Database design and development with practical knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Understanding of Core Java, J2EE, and Java frameworks such as Spring, and Hibernate
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL; and cryptography and security.
- Experience with Apache and NGINX configuration.
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks.
- Extensive experience with container orchestration services such as Docker platform (understanding of Kubernetes is a plus).
- Experience with Atlassian products, including JIRA, Confluence and Service desk.
- Knowledge of development and build tools such as Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Ant, Gradle etc..
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Experience with PHP technology.
- Understanding of CMS Drupal.
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods.
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods.
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)